Home and Community Services
Our Mission Statement is “Chesco is a locally based non-profit that helps adults and youth live and work successfully in their communities.” All services are creatively developed to respond to the specific needs and dreams of the individual served. Chesco is available to provide supports and services 365 days a year 24 hours per day.
Our services are based on the belief that all individuals are unique in their needs and approach to life.
Below is what we do...
Chesco provides a full range of home and community-based services.
These services include:
- 24 hour/day supportive residences
- Home providers who share their lives with someone who needs supports.
- Maintaining your own apartment with support.
- Employment including long term supported employment and volunteering
- Participating in all that the Monadnock Region has to offer
- Outreach services—when you need just a little bit of help and live on your own or with your family.
- School supports for folks 18 years and older who are transitioning into the adulthood.
The specifics of these services vary from person to person and may include items such as:
- Accessing and maintaining employment
- Accessing medical care/generic services in the community
- Personal care support
- In home supports such as skill development and home organization (cooking, cleaning, organizing, shopping, laundry, etc.)
- Completing errands, IE. picking up medication, personal shopping
- Medication supports to include safely taking medication, med storage, recordkeeping
- Planning trips/vacations
- Making the most out of what’s fun in your community
- Making friends
- Recreation— exploring hobbies, recreational opportunities, and new sports ideas etc.
- Helping others and volunteering.
- Meeting neighbors and making friends.
- Money skills
- Lifelong learning.
- Other creative things that will and can be personalized to reach your dreams.